Local Otsego County Resources
- SCORE Mentoring – a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals. SCORE will match you with a mentor who can assist you in all phases of your business start-up process.
Local Office: 189 Main Street, Suite 500, Oneonta, New York 13820
Contact:Otsego County Chamber of Commerce
Phone: (607) 267-4010
Email: [email protected]
- Small Business Development Center – a premier business assistance organization in New York State – provides expert management and technical assistance to start-up and existing businesses.
Local Office: 189 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820
Contact: Michelle D. Catan, NYS Certified Business Advisor
Phone: (607) 267-4010 ext. 105
Email: [email protected]
Chamber Member Resources
- Bank of Cooperstown
- Community Bank
- Key Bank
- Leatherstocking Credit Union
- NBDC Bank
- NBT Bank
- SEFCU Insurance & Credit Union
- Sidney Federal Credit Union
Sources for Funding
- City of Oneonta– Contact: Bill Kerbin, Director of Community Development
Phone: (607) 433-1355; Email: [email protected]
- Otsego County Local Grant Opportunities
- Otsego County Microenterprise Program – Financial assistance to entrepreneurs, start-up businesses, and existing microenterprises with five or fewer persons that will increase economic opportunity and/or create jobs persons who are low-to-moderate in income.
Contact: Karen Sullivan, Otsego County Planning Department
Phone: (607) 547-4225
- Small Business Administration Financial Assistance
- Community Development Financial Institution Assistance Program – provides micro-loans to businesses who often do not qualify for bank loans, as well as one-on-one counseling and business development assistance to facilitate credit-readiness.
- New York Business Development Corporation (NYBDC)’s SBA 7(a) Loans – Financing for small businesses in New York State which seek to enter into a new export market or expand an existing export market.
- Regional Revolving Loan Trust Fund Program – operated by regional not-for-profit organizations in New York State for the purpose of making working capital loans and loan guarantees to small businesses employing fewer than 100 employees.
- Small Business Investment Company – works with private investment funds licensed as SBICs to provide growth capital to U.S. small businesses.
- Small Business Revolving Loan Fund
- Grant Funding
Articles and Printable Resources
- How Do You finance Your Business?
- The 10 Most Reliable Ways to Fund a Start-up
- Financing Your Small Business
- How to Prepare and Present a Successful Business Funding Request
- A Beginners Guide to Securing Grant Funding
- Crowdfunding Bible
- Crowdfunding and Capital Access
FREE Online Workshops
- Choosing the Right Financing: Where to Find Capital to Grow Your Business
- Finding the Best Financing Option for Your Small Business
- Financing Options for Small Business
- Finding and Attracting Investors
- Getting Your Business Ready for Financing
- How to Prepare a Loan Package
- Getting Your Business Funded
- Small Business Funding Options for Today’s Credit Environment
- Understanding Debt Alternatives in Today’s Economy
- Introduction to Crowdfunding for Entrepreneurs