Thank you to Cassandra Harrington at Destination Marketing Corporation of Otsego County for these daily updates!
- New York State has 25,665 total positive cases of coronavirus and 4,790 new positive cases. New York City has 14,904 total positive cases and 2,599 new cases. 756 cases are ICU patients. The Governor said that the hospitalization rate has increased to 23%, higher than originally expected. 210 people have died in the state.
- At his daily press briefing, Governor Cuomo said that the curve appears to be heightening, not flattening, but the state has already implemented the most aggressive social policies possible. He is now focused on acquiring the materials, space, and personnel needed to treat the amount of people now expected to get the coronavirus. He said that the State will need 30,000 ventilators – far more than the 400 FEMA is sending.
- The Governor said that based on the science and data his team is examining, they predict a higher than expected peak in the next 14-21 days. Earlier projections put the apex at May 1.
- A plan to decrease density in NYC will likely be in place today according to the Governor.
- NYS Budget Director Robert Mujica told the Wall Street Journal that State revenue could fall by as much as $15 billion as a result of the novel coronavirus and its effect on the economy.
- REMINDER: Empire State Development has published a FAQ for determining whether a business is subject to a workforce reduction as a non-essential business. Please note that this document will be updated regularly. Information of note:
- If your firm is a vendor, supplier or provides other support to an Essential Business that is required for the Essential Business’s operation, then your business is exempt from the employment reduction provisions contained in Executive Orders 202.8.
- State and local governments including public authorities, municipal governments, and school districts are not covered by Executive Order 202.8.
- If your firm is an Essential Business, your business is exempt from the employment reduction provisions contained in Executive Order 202.8 and no further action is required by you. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A REQUEST TO ESD FOR DESIGNATION.
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation: COVID-19 and Bottle Bill Beverage Container Redemption
- NYS Department of Health: Medicaid Update COVID-19 Comprehensive Telehealth Guidance Updated 3-23-2020
- Please note that links from the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) on our previous guidance documents will no longer work, as the agency has updated their website. Today’s document includes the new links.
Attached please find a comprehensive document with guidance from across government agencies. We will be updating this document as information becomes available and including it in our daily updates.
In addition to our regular email updates, Ostroff Associates has established two dedicated webpages that will be updated in real time with any new information from government sources relating to COVID-19. Please use these websites as a resource and share with others who would benefit.
Update Page: https://www.ostroffassociates.com/covid-19-updates/