Otsego County Chamber of Commerce Announces New Headquarters
The Otsego County Chamber of Commerce now in its 34th year of operation will move into its new headquarters located at 31 Main Street in Oneonta on March 4, 2020. Formerly the Colone Professional Building, this new location is a multi-tenant building in a prime, convenient location in the historic sixth ward of downtown Oneonta. The building offers ground-floor access for members and patrons and includes a private entrance on the northwest side of the building. Ample off-street parking is available at the rear of the building.
According to President and CEO Barbara Ann Heegan: “With an increase in events and trainings we offer, averaging about 25-35 participants at a time, we have outgrown our existing space. This new space will accommodate staff, our volunteers, Chamber committees and college interns that volunteer and work in our office on various Chamber activities and projects.”
Ms. Heegan continued: “Once we are fully settled in, we will invite Chamber members and the general public to an Open House later this Spring. We want to share our excitement about the possibilities this new location offers to us.”
The Chamber’s telephone number will remain the same as (607) 432-4500. Mail can be sent to The Otsego County Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 18, Oneonta, NY 13820.
Are you starting a business? Are you already in business and need an entrepreneurial “tune-up?” The Small Business Training Program is for you. Learn from the experts how to build your idea into a profitable venture.
Classes take place on two (2) consecutive Thursdays. Each session is a full day of classroom training beginning at 9:00 am and ending at 4:30 pm.
Both sessions are included in the price of $100.00*. An SBDC Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the 2nd session.
This Certificate is a requirement of the Otsego County and City of Oneonta Microenterprise Grant Program. More importantly, you will walk away with valuable knowledge, ideas, motivation and resources.
When: Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM AND
Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Where: Otsego Now Offices
189 Main Street
5th Floor, Suite 500
Oneonta, NY 13820
Reserve your seat at:
*online registration fee may apply.
Or by contacting Michelle Catan by phone at 607-267-4010 ext 105 or by email at [email protected]
The Otsego County Chamber is now offering online training for the NYS annual sexual harassment prevention training to make it convenient and cost effective to comply.
New NYS law requires all public and private employers to provide annual sexual harassment prevention training along with written sexual harassment prevention policies. In the recently enacted sexual harassment law, all employers must implement annual training and specific procedures that meet or exceed requirements provided by the NYS Department of Labor and the Division of Human Rights.
The Chamber has partnered with Pinnacle Human Resources, LLC to provide interactive, on-demand training that meets and exceeds the NYS requirements. The training process is outlined below:
Training Registration Process:
- Go to https://www.pinnaclehrllc.com/otsegocountychamber or copy and paste this link into any internet browser.
- Register your company.
- “Company” field must match the name on the credit card being used to process payment
- “First Name” “Last Name” and “Email” should be the contact person to receive login information and instructions to provide to all employees on how to access the online trainings
- “State” field must be the abbreviation/acronym i.e. NY
- Select the option that fits your company size based on your anticipated usage during the next 12 months (don’t forget new hires!)
- Click on “Go To Payment” and enter card information.
o Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions Agreement. This acts as your training contract with Pinnacle HR.
- The designated contact person will receive an email from Pinnacle HR within 3 business days of processing.
o The email will contain employee login information and instructions to provide to ALL employees on how to access the online trainings.
o The email will also contain a separate manager login to view live reports with a list of attendees who launched the training and their progress.
- Direct all employees to the online portal to complete the online training.
For questions, please contact Barbara Ann Heegan at [email protected] or call (607) 432-4500.
Now Accepting Nominations for Annual Business of the Year-Save the Date March 26, 2020
The Otsego County Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for its Annual Dinner & Celebration of Business that will be held on Thursday, March 26th, 2020 at Foothills Performing Arts and Civic Center in the Wright/Wilber National Bank Atrium. Please complete the attached nomination form for any Chamber member business who you believe deserves recognition as an innovative, extraordinary entrepreneur, and an outstanding business organization. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Submit by mail: PO Box 18, Oneonta, NY 13820 or email to: [email protected]
Deadline: Received by Friday, February 21, 2020
CHILDREN'S WORKSHOPS FEBRUARY 21
The Greater Oneonta Historical Society and Hanford Mills Museum will offer two program options for families at the Oneonta History Center, 183 Main Street, on Friday February 21 between 1:00 and 3:00 PM.
- Forest as Habitat: The forest plays an important role in our environment and in our watersheds. To illustrate that, children will play some interactive games to learn how the actions of animals, including humans, can affect the forest in both positive and negative ways.
- New York State Breakout Box: Families will work together as a team to solve puzzles to open a series of locks using their knowledge of New York State history and other social studies.
Both programs are available free of charge and with no reservations required. Kajsa Harley, education initiatives manager at Hanford Mills, says that “Familes can drop in at any time between 1 and 3 to participate”. For more information, contact (607) 432-0960 or [email protected].