Governor Cuomo Press Briefing
- The Governor announced this morning that there are now 130,689 confirmed COVID-19 positive cases in New York State, and 72,181 confirmed cases in New York City. There have been 4,758 deaths from COVID-19 in New York.
- Current Hospitalizations:
- 16,837 people currently hospitalized (+358)
- 4,504 ICU patients (+128)
- 13,366 patients discharged (+1,179)
- The Governor is extending “New York on Pause” until April 29th, which means schools and non-essential businesses will remain closed and social distancing measures will remain in place. The Governor is also increasing the maximum fine for violating social distancing protocols from $500 to $1,000.
- The number of COVID-19 related deaths has been “effectively flat” for the last two days. Different statistical models project different results, but the Governor said we may be at or near the apex.
- Modeling now shows that New York will not need the projected 110,000 hospital beds initially thought would be needed to effectively manage the patient caseload. Current projections show a need for 20,000 – 30,000 hospital beds. This will change with time and will reflect the success of social distancing protocols.
- The Governor is calling President Trump to ask that the Federal Government change the use for the USNS Comfort to provide care for COVID patients.
- New York State is launching a COVID-19 First Responders fund. Health Research Inc., which is part of the NYS Department of Health, will be accepting donations to be used for expenses associated with coronavirus first responders. Blackstone has made an initial $10 million contribution. Donations made for the COVID-19 response will be used for direct expenses associated with response activities.
- Online donations can be made here.
- Donations can be made by check and mailed to Health Research, Inc., 150 Broadway, Suite 560, Menands, NY 12204. The donor should specify that the donation is for “COVID-19 NYS Emergency Response.”
ESD Resources on SBA Coronavirus Programs
NYS Empire State Development has posted resources to assist eligible small businesses and nonprofits understand U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) coronavirus loan programs:
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation: Environmental Cleanup & Brownfields COVID-19 Update
- NYS Agriculture and Markets:
- NYS Department of Financial Services:
- NYS Education Department: Proposed Amendments and Additions to the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to Addressing the COVID-19 Crisis
- Empire State Development:
- GUIDANCE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A BUSINESS ENTERPRISE IS SUBJECT TO A WORKFORCE REDUCTION UNDER RECENT EXECUTIVE ORDERS
- There have been no changes to this guidance since our last update.
- According to reports there will be an update made to this guidance that will classify real estate showings, appraisal services, home inspections and back-office real estate work as essential functions.
- New York City: Agency Suspensions and Reductions
- There have been no changes since our last update.
Attached please find a comprehensive document with guidance from across government agencies. We will be updating this document as information becomes available and including it in our daily updates.
In addition to our regular email updates, Ostroff Associates has established two dedicated webpages that will be updated in real time with any new information from government sources relating to COVID-19. Please use these websites as a resource and share with others who would benefit.
Update Page: https://www.ostroffassociates.com/covid-19-updates/
CLICK HERE FOR GOVERNMENT GUIDANCES – APRIL 6, 2020