- Empire State Development has published a FAQ for determining whether a business is subject to a workforce reduction as a non-essential business. Please note that this document will be updated regularly.
- The NYS Department of Tax and Finance has issued the following guidance:
- Announcement Regarding the Abatement of Penalties and Interest for Sales and Use Tax due to the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19
- The Department of Financial Services published a FAQ in response to inquiries on Circular Letter 6 and their emergency regulation regarding health insurance coverage for telehealth services.
- The NYS Department of Health has issued guidance for funeral directors.
- The Chief Administrative Judge of the Courts has issued a directive that no papers shall be accepted for filing by a county clerk or a court in any matter of a type not included on the list of essential matters.
- The New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics (JCOPE) is still conducting audits of both lobbyists and registered clients, however due to the current Covid-19 restrictions they are allowing for a 4-week extension for organizations that may have difficulty gathering the necessary documents to comply. If you receive an audit letter or email from JCOPE, please contact our Director of Compliance Erin Waterhouse at 518-461-6466 and she will assist you.
Attached please find a comprehensive document with guidance from across government agencies. We will be updating this document as information becomes available and including it in our daily updates.
In addition to our regular email updates, Ostroff Associates has established two dedicated webpages that will be updated in real time with any new information from government sources relating to COVID-19. Please use these websites as a resource and share with others who would benefit.
Update Page: https://www.ostroffassociates.com/covid-19-updates/