Local Otsego County Resources
- SCORE Mentoring – a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals. SCORE will match you with a mentor who can assist you in all phases of your business start-up process.
Local Office: 189 Main Street, Suite 500, Oneonta, New York 13820
Contact:Otsego County Chamber of Commerce
Phone: (607) 267-4010
- Small Business Development Center – a premier business assistance organization in New York State providing expert management and technical assistance to start-up and existing businesses.
Local Office: 189 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820
Contact: Michelle D. Catan, NYS Certified Business Advisor
Phone: (607) 267-4010 ext. 105
Chamber Member Resources
- CDO Workforce – the agency to link employers with workers, and workers with the resources they
need to develop their careers.
Resource: Hiring Workers with Disabilities
Local Office: 12 Dietz Street, Oneonta, New York 13820
Contact: (607) 432-4800
- Staffworks – central New York’s largest provider of comprehensive staffing services.
State and Federal Resources
- U. S. Small Business Administration
- NYS Department of Labor
- Society for Human Resource Management
- National Federation for Independent Business
- New York State Career Center Events & Recruitments
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: The Americans with Disabilities Act: A Primer for Small Business
Articles and Printable Resources
- Labor Law Obligations to Your Employees
- What You Need to Know Before You Hire Your First Employee
- FREE E-Book: Employment Law: Are Your Putting Your Business at Risk?
- HR Sample Forms
- HR Sample Policies
- 4 Ways Focusing on Your Employees Will change Your Business
- American Disabilities Act Do’s and Don’ts
FREE Online Webinars