- Budget negotiations continue to take place at the Capitol with discussions taking place on several key issues. It remains unclear when a final deal will take shape as the April 1 deadline approaches. We are continuing to work with key decisionmakers on your issues and will keep you informed.
- The State Liquor Authority held their first meeting under the new rules which do not allow in-person participation. The Authority took a number of actions, but official notice has not appeared on their website.
- The SLA is waiving the requirement to submit renewal fee payments for the next 60 days. Renewal applications are still required to be filed.
- The Liquor Authority is continuing to enforce the law and assess penalties against licensees for failing to comply with the law, however they have decided to delay sending out penalty letters for the next 60 days.
- The Authority is opening up this month’s price posting this week to allow wholesalers to reduce prices or increase discounts. No price increases will be permitted as part of this one-time price change.
- For municipal notices required to be filed as part of SLA applications where the municipality is only accepting electronic documents, the SLA will accept an email from the municipality acknowledging receipt of the notice.
- New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) Mortgage and Fee Relief: Emergency Relief for New Yorkers Who Can Demonstrate Financial Hardship as a Result Of COVID-19
- State Education Department (SED), Office of Professions:
- The White House: Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) due to Loss of Operations
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA): Updated Contractor Guidance
- New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD): Interim Billing Guidance for Providers of Day Habilitation, Prevocational and Day Treatment Services Regarding Emergency Response to COVID-19
Attached please find a comprehensive document with guidance from across government agencies. We will be updating this document as information becomes available and including it in our daily updates.
In addition to our regular email updates, Ostroff Associates has established two dedicated webpages that will be updated in real time with any new information from government sources relating to COVID-19. Please use these websites as a resource and share with others who would benefit.
Update Page: https://www.ostroffassociates.com/covid-19-updates/